Saturday, December 13, 2008

Grassy Highlands

Plants through there processes provide oxygen helping you breathe better. So when you breathe a plant you are supposed to feel better. Absolutely right! You feel much better. In fact you feel so much better that you forget anything and everything that ever bothered you in your whole life. In a manner of speaking you reach ‘new heights’ of feeling better. Plants come in various shapes and sizes but the best are those that come about 6 cm long and pretty much dried stiff. Well I happened to come by one such plant recently. And the events that followed are documented below.
There was nothing unusual in the day, a regular day by any standard. So I wake up in the morning like usual and do all the usual rituals of the morning. And since it was a weekend I decided to do something to pass my time. So I went to my friends room to find out what he was up to and if I could join him too. He, like me was bored stiff and had no plans himself. So we thought for a while and I think it was his idea to do something out of the usual. Since it was a Saturday we had the luxury of a Sunday the next day to overcome any effects that might affect us during the course of our unusual activity.( Let me assure the readers at this point that I am not of a different orientation and I like Charlize Theron like any other guy?) We decided to carry out an inhalation experiment. To quantify the effects of dry powdered plants on the human brain. Our cause was noble and our intentions pure. Obtaining the test subject was easy, there being plenty such specimen in our campus. We set the time of the experiment at around 6 pm.
At 6, both of us took the samples and carried forth our experiment as planned. For the first 20 minutes odd there was no change in conditions. Everything was the usual. At the end of 20 minutes we decided the experiment had failed and decided to go to the local coffee outlet. So we got up from our resting places and started walking. Never have I taken a longer walk in my life. I never knew that 200 yards was such a long distance. I was amazed how I used to walk the distance earlier without the slightest hint of fatigue. Having covered a mammoth 3 yards we decided to take an auto. But there was none around. After waiting for sometime a auto came by and we stopped it. When we asked him if he would take us to the coffee place he first laughed thinking we were joking. But when we assured him of our truest intentions he gave us a very funny look and drove away. Wonder what he saw. So having been turned down by an auto driver we decided to walk the distance. So we tried and we were successful in covering another mammoth 3 yards but that was all we could do. So we gave up our plans and decided back to the room but little did we realize that we had walked a whole 6 yards away from the safety of our enclosures. Somehow we managed to trudge back and locked ourselves in our room. Once inside we rummaged for food and consumed whatever we found. Then we fell on our backs. Once in a reclined position we found that we had developed a new skill of levitation. Walking on air we went over to the computer to watch a movie. That day we saw tom and jerry for 3 hrs in 3-D. Jerry kept jumping out of the screen. I even caught him once or twice. Cute little fella that jerry, gave a smile when I caught him. We chatted for quite some time on philosophy and Aristotle. Then he said that he had to get back on the screen since other people were also watching that show so I put him back inside and he continued his run once in a while waving as he went by. I also waved back. Then we stopped watching when we realized we had begun our descent. Slowly but steadily we headed for what people called land and once there we felt a great fatigue grip us. All that physical exercise and mental exercise had taken a toll on us so we slept.
I woke up. It was a usual Saturday. Nothing unusual about it. Bored I decided to go to my friends room.

3 comments:

  1. Dude.. it so happens that ur blogs are so much like the ECE short movie and ur craziness for hotties like Theron cannot be resisted ehh?
    I shud mention that i was able to get the entire story once i read the first few lines. But Mish i hope u don become the cud chewing 'cow'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah..the ending it too gud :)
    but really, did u just end up watchin a TOM ND JERRY movie? sheesh :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, this is a work of fiction actually. The actual experiment took place about 3 months after I wrote this story :) And trust tom and jerry was the last thing i saw :) It was that day that i changed my religion to Zeppelinism and believed that Jimmy Page was god :)

    ReplyDelete