Sunday, December 14, 2008

Just a thought...

To counter the supreme boredom that has gripped me in the last few days, I have been reading old newspapers scavenging for any good articles that I may have missed. In this process I came across a very small but interesting article in one of my local newspapers. Of course I am not sure if they are the original minds behind it but that is where I saw it.
The article is a small collection of facts in lieu of the Mumbai terror attacks.
1) The NSG commandos were transported by Metropolitan buses, after the attacks of course. Our Indian cricket team on the other hand always travel in Volvo buses
2) Our Navy has a total of 25 Heavy artillery ships. Korea on the other hand which is about the size of Chattisgarh has in excess of 250 of them
3) The families of the dead were given compensations of Rs. 5 lakhs, whereas Abhinav Bindra got Rs. 1 crore from the government for shooting at circles on paper targets.

Now I am not against the award given to Abhinav, sure he deserves it, but if the govt can shell out that much amount for a rich kid with talent, how much more important and worthwhile would the money be for a family who have lost their sole bread-earner and that too in an act of unmatchable patriotism?
As far as the other points go there is an irony for all to see and there is no further need to point it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment